Thursday 6 June 2013

SUMMER HOLIDAYS!!!!

Helloooooo, well Summer is here with a bang! Loving this weather, loving it! 
So, we had a really lovely mini break in West Cork last weekend and I thought I would share a few photos.
We rented a lovely farmhouse outside Skibbereen, myself & Kathy, our husbands and Kathy's little boy Ruben. It was very idyllic, lovely wild gardens, with lots of random little swings among the trees and bluebells.
We had brought our laptops with us to work while we were there but unfortunately there was no Internet and virtually no phone coverage! If you were looking for somewhere to totally unwind, you would be hard pushed to find a nicer spot!

Ruben was very keen to do the driving!

Here are a few shots of in and around the house, it would be a great place for a big family get together. 
We are already planning our next visit!




 Kathy having quiet time while Ruben snoozes!



I want a trampoline!


We went here on our way home on bank holiday Monday, it was brilliant!! It was all in aid of the Irish Cancer Society. Now I am a big fan of vintage cars and vintage industrial paraphernalia in general but even if you aren't it's a brilliant day out! There are a number of these rally's all around the country over the summer months so if you see one I would highly recommend you check it out.




And now some awesome steam powered tractors!


   





I had to restrain myself from buying this antique sewing machine
(I have 4 already and really, really don't need another one!)


 I don't know what this was but I really wanted it!


Some vintage cars? Well yes please, I'll have that one, oh and that one, oh and I really want that one.....






Ruben's head nearly exploded with tractor excitement. 


This tractor was by Porsche!! It was very swish!


 So that was our Bank Holiday holiday! It made us all want to have a house in the country with a vintage tractor in the field and a classic car for trips to the village to eat fresh seafood! I think that's the point of holidays, they should be both aspirational and inspirational!

x Caroline x

No comments: